The Terras de Santa Maria da Feira Foundation is the holder of ISVOUGA.
This Foundation is composed of a founders council, a board of directors, an audit board and an executive board, and includes, in addition to the Santa Maria da Feira City Hall, academic personalities and a number of prestigious companies in the region.
Scientific, Cultural and Pedagogical Project
With an offer particularly aimed at contributing to business growth, ISVOUGA aims to promote teaching and learning focused on the creation and reinforcement of its students' technical and personal skills.
The orientation adopted, after the introduction of the Bologna model (academic year 2007/08), through the methodologies employed, envisages that the knowledge to be achieved, both in a more theoretical aspect, as well as in another technical nature, will be achieved by so that fundamental transversal skills are simultaneously worked on and reinforced by students. Project work or with a strong experimental component are, so to speak, recurrent work tools, thus stimulating considerable levels of autonomy on the part of students in this process.
ISVOUGA's educational project also includes student support:
- identifying personal strategies and techniques that can contribute to increasing levels of school success;
- providing tools to support curricular units that cause more difficulties;
- providing physical spaces and equipment for work and study;
- in the construction of versatile, specialized and differentiated curricula, due to the frequency of curricular units external to the curriculum of each course;
- in the search for the best solutions for carrying out internships or placing graduates in the job market;
- in providing continuous training offers capable of meeting the needs of student workers and / or graduates;
- in the prerogative it offers in order to allow a better harmonization between work and study, through partial attendance of courses;
- reinforcing the internal social action policy;
- integrating students into the culture of the local community;
- in reinforcing the critical sense and attitude towards current international issues;
- in encouraging academic and professional mobility paths;
- in the open school philosophy, for the active participation of students in the construction of a better school model.